Friday, August 5, 2011

Vintage Jewelry

So, you know I'm in Wichita but I don't know if I ever said why.  I am in town for a family reunion on my dad's side.  It starts tomorrow but my immediate family is trickling in today... {2 sisters, 1 brother, 1 brother-in-law, 2 nieces, 1 nephew}.  Last night my mom and I went through old boxes of my dad's parents things that we had acquired.  I hit the jackpot in box 2 when I found lots of vintage jewelry my Grandma used to wear!  There was also an old saddle bag I plan on adding to my bag collection....




Unfortunately we decided that as siblings we would go through a line and pick what we want one by one.  There is a lot more jewelry than this, however my heart kind of dropped.  These were my favorite pieces, I especially want the long white drop necklace {I am fairly certain I would wear this almost everyday}, the pearl necklace and earring set, the necklace with the caged tourmaline stone, and the pocket watch {which I would put on a long gold chain}.... oops... I bet that's not going to happen.  I can't wait to hear the stories behind each piece when my Aunt is here tomorrow!

I also acquired some of my mom's mom {my Granny's} pieces of vintage clothing while here.  I am postive if I took pictures and posted people would make fun of me so I am going to put together "What I Wore" posts for Fall so you can see my vision :)

I will keep you posted on what I get in the pickings!

xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment