Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Icon and Her Haute Couture

I want to start this off by apologizing for taking OVER A WEEK to post! I have been busy but then when I had time to blog my computer would over heat.... SO ANNOYING (remember the post about the computer? Don't tell her but it may happen sooner then she thinks....). 

ANYWAY!  I am going to stock up on posts, I am going out of town tomorrow (post to follow... a "What I am going to Wear").  I want to make sure there are plenty to go through the weekend! 

So, as some of you may know Christies Auction House is hosting an auction with some of Elizabeth Taylor's most loved peices from her collection.  This includes baubles, bags, and gowns!  I would throw my right leg over a boat to be there and be able to buy something but alas I won't be.  Taylor passed away in March of this year at the age of 79.  Thankfully she was meticulous in perserving her gowns and jewels.  The auction will be over 2 days and starts December 14th in New York City.  Here are some of my favorite peices that have been released...



The above dress is her wedding dress to Richard Burton in 1964.  It's expected to bring in $30,000-$60,000 and is designed by Irene Sharaff.  This is possibly the one I would covet the most... and of course it's going for the most money.  It's so gorgeous, she looks so beautiful in it!


This beautiful Valentino look is expected to bring in $3,000 - $4,000 which seems low to me.  Valentino was her go to designer for show stopping looks.



I am dying over this one.... it's so gorgeous! This is created by Halston who was a great friend of Taylor.  They used to dance at Studio 54 into the early hours together.  The bag here is Hermes and they will be sold together.



She wore this gorgeous Christian Dior white organza gown to accompany Malcolm Forbes to the 70th anniversary of Forbes Magazine.

This is a stunning caftan of cotton ikat by Thea Porter. 

{Sigh}.... Well if you're lucky enough to be their I am sure you won't mind throwing in another couple thousand to bring something home for me! It will be my Christmas present! So thanks in advance :)

xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment