Thursday, June 30, 2011

Office Spaces.

I have been working from home a lot lately, sitting at my dining room table, or my Pottery Barn desk my sister passed down to me. Which got me thinking about how wonderful it would be if I didn't live in this hamster box {although decorated lovely if I do say so myself} and had my very own room for an office!  I am sure most of you have played the game of what your dream house would look like {mine involves a VERY detailed, VERY large closet. "Southern Boy's" involves VERY detailed decks and porches}.  Recently however I have been dreaming up a glamorous, yet colorful place to work from.  Does anyone watch Bravo as much as I do? {Casey I know you do..} Million Dollar Decorators might be my favorite show of the moment {until Flipping Out is back of course}.  Mary McDonald created an office for one of her fashionable clients that immediately had me searching for my dream office.


First it should come as no surprise this all stems from Miranda's office in "The Devil Wears Prada".


This is Aerin Lauder's office. {heiress to the Estee Lauder thrown}.


Green's not my favorite color in the world, especially this particular color of green.  Change the walls to navy or royal blue and I think I would love this as a "practical" choice.


This is Michelle Smith, designer of "Milly"'s, office.  I would change the desk to something more of a statement, maybe big and white.  Also, I think a giant rug in a colorful print would make this more my style.


Gorgeous!  I love mirrored chests and side tables.  This would go perfectly on a side wall of the room.  I am currently searching for a side table for my bedroom I can actually afford. {which narrows down to Target who currently does not have one}

I have realized while doing this blog that I have very particular taste, much more particular then I thought.  I will have to build my dream office area because I couldn't find a picture that really did the image in my head justice.  Let me try to paint the picture for you; behind the desk would be a collage of pictures, vintage "Bazaar" and "Vogue" covers mixed with Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball, Katherine Hepburn, Coco Chanel, Greta Garbo {you get the idea} pictures in black and white.  I think the walls would be a dark royal blue, with a big white desk.  Two big comfy white chairs would sit in front of the desk that is covered in silver organization accents {pen holder, letter holder, etc} and beautiful pink hydrangeas and peonies would anchor each end{my favorite flowers if you hadn't noticed...}.  There would be a giant rug, maybe in a chevron print, not sure on the color, either grey or possibly some sort of pink color.  Well you get idea! :)

xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment