Sunday, June 16, 2013

What I've Been Up To.... Part 2

I haven't been keeping up with these as much as I'd like... however, a flight delay at the airport is always a good time to catch up right? {3 hours and counting....}

I may have mentioned but Matt Costa is one of my favorite artists of all time. I love his melodies and his lyrics, really just everything about his music is amazing to me. I have seen him in concert before at House of Blues in Dallas. It was everything I wanted it to be. However, it was nothing like this last time was. First, let me explain that he plays in the small bar area room called The Foundation Room at House of Blues which holds a lot less people.  At one point he actually got off stage and sang in the middle of the crowd. I considered posting this video, however, mostly all you can hear is me screaming and singing.... soo.... that idea was quickly vetoed. I chose instead to post a video where you can only minimally hear me.  I realized recently that I am an obnoxious concert goer.... but I don't care. I sing every word I know and not quietly. Sorry I'm not sorry.

One of my favorite songs of all time is Sweet Rose. Is it because Rose just happens to be my middle name? Maybe that's where it started but it turned into something more. It speaks to me... I literally feel like Matt is singing this song to me. I'd be heartbroken to find out that's not true...

After the concert I somehow convinced my friends to wait around outside since the drummer {who during Matt only songs would stand out in the crowd near us} told us that he was going to come outside. We waiting for about 20 minutes until someone finally told us that he was meeting people inside. So we went back inside and the greatest moment of my life happened. I met Matt Costa. He's so adorable and sweet. When it was my turn I was shaking and probably near tears. {I'd be lying if I told you I didn't kind of cry when this was all over... but also, I had been steadily drinking all day so cut me a little slack...}  I told him that he had been my favorite musician for about 6 years now. He literally gave me a confused look and said "really?". Yes. This is not a lie. I may have changed a lot in the last 6 years but literally the one thing that has stayed the same is my love of Matt Costa.

Matt Costa with my friend Amanda (aka Moo). Really annoyed her pic with Matt is cuter than mine...
I think he's so happy because he literally just met his biggest fan...
True. Love.
While Matt was in the middle of the crowd playing.
Enjoy. Matt Costa playing Astair which was one of the first songs I ever heard of his and started this obsession....


xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment